if DH dont reinlist he wont get deployed...

ok so it is gonna be his first deployment
and if he dont reinlist he dont get deployed
im happy for that
but its the only reason he dont want to reinlist
so that makes me mad
lol
anyone ever hear of this happning????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I haven't heard of it, but I think its a good decision.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• well you guys need to talk about it and decide what works best for your family. will you still be able to support your family if he doesn't re-enlist? will your relationship withstand the deployment if he does? what does he plan on doing when he gets out? does he have a degree? honestly, to me as a navy brat and a navy wife growing up in the military, it really seems like a b.s. reason (no offense to anyone, you or your husband) but when you join you join knowing it may happen, and if he doesn't like his job etc otherwise, than yes thats a good add on reason to not re-enlist, but if it puts you guys in a bad spot for him to get out, he's going to get out just b/c he doesn't wanna deploy for a few months? what branch is he?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Its a hard lifestyle but there are a lot of great things that come out of it. I would weigh all of the pros and cons about reenlisting before you decide not to because of deploying. Especially right now people are having such a hard time finding jobs and whatnot. But if he has a job lined up either way then why put yourself through the misery of a deployment? I am a pro military though so I always would say stay in! :) JMO
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• if he dont reinlist
    we wont have any money
    im still going to school
    and he aint got any degrees
    so ya that is y im mad i mean we have a kid to look out for and he wants another one
    therefore we need the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think he should stay in, take the deployment and you can enjoy the extra money. Your healthcare is free, there's a steady paycheck, and you get extra money for housing if you stay off base. How many other jobs can promise that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OP
    if he dont reinlist
    we wont have any money
    im still going to school
    and he aint got any degrees
    therefore we need the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• why did he bother joining if he was going to get out as soon as the possibility of deployment came up? do i enjoy my husband leaving 6 months outta the year, no way in hell. however neither of us have degrees (we both start school in the spring) if he got out he'd have to work 2 jobs and i'd be working at least 1 if not 2 jobs to support the 4 of us. if he gets out what does he plan on doing? sorry, but right now w/the job market how it is, how does he plan on finding a job? he should be out looking right now for a job, and you guys need to sit down and figure out the bare minimum you would need to get by. i know people are going to bash me for my opinion, but he should have thought about that aspect of the military before he joined, not after hes been in long enough to come up for re-enlistment.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Alon 9:38/ So sorry, He is a true hero.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If he DOESN'T re-enlist. DOESN'T....not Don't. OK?If he doesn't reenlist, he doesn't get deployed. I don't know what to say........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am in the Military. I have been deployed. Personally, I think you two should sit down and talk about it. Would he stay in if he wasn't getting deployed? The Military has good benefits. Not only medical, dental, etc. It also pays for the service member's school and a big portion of the spouse's school too. To be honest, being away for a year was hard, but looking back now, I have experience from the deployment I would not have gotten anywhere else. I do not regret it. I made life long friends from my deployment and have bonds with fellow my fellow Soldiers that cannot be broken. 3 years later, I still speak with my squad that I deployed with at least once a week. I have been in for 6 years and just reenlisted for 4 more. I see myself as a career Soldier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009