Involvement

My dh and I have been fighting a custody for my sd. Several times we have had to call childrens services due to bruising the child said biomom caused. They say my sd is mentally unstable but have not nor plan to remove her from her mom. At latest meeting they told my dh he wasnt involved in her life enough. We are doing everything possible to help her. He works two jobs so he can pay the lawyer. Also, the biomom switches doctors all the time and has tried to ban him from her school. He does everything he can within his rights and the law. I just dont thnk they had a right to say this. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• isnt there a set up schedule for visitation? thats usually how it goes right?
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• There is a schedule. Every other weekend and the biomom wont allow more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The bio mom will not allow more parenting time...

Have you gone back to court to try to get more parenting time..

In the state I live in..in order to do that you have to have a change of circumstances..

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• We are working on getting a court date but cps says he needs to step up but everytime he tries she tries to slap him with pfas and harrassment charges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Unfortunetly I think the courts and DHR are almost always on the moms side. You and your husband can only do so much and it sounds like you are doing everything that you can. As far as thinking that she is abusing her daughter I think you should push until someone investigates or removes her from that home. You don't want to take any chances when it comes to that, take pictures of the bruises and continue to call until someone checks it out.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I just got news of a child abuse cause on Facebook the other day. This poor baby girl who's father was in the military, lived with her biomom and stepdad. She started showing signs of abuse, and at one point both of her legs got broken. She lived with her grandmother for a while, but got visitation to biomom almost everyday. No one did anything. Two weeks before dad was due home, stepdad kicked or hit this poor baby in the stomach so hard, it killed her.This story chilled me, and made me very sad. The stepdad got put away in prison for 30 years, and biomom got 27 years.
    http://media.causes.com/544740 This is the link...PLease find someone that will do something for your stepdaughter...These kinds of things should NOT happen because people turn a blind eye.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009