Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any er employees or someone w/some medical law knowledge? or daycare providers...

i am going to start watching my friends son soon, and plan on watching one or two other children as well. what do they have to have for me saying that in the event of an emergency i can make a decision for the child until a parent gets there? i know if its life or death there won't be a question of if a child will be seen. but in events of extremely high fevers that won't go away, injuries that need to be seen (but can wait for parents) these kinds of things, that may come up what do i have to have in order for them to be seen til mom or dad get there? just want to be sure that is covered b/c you never do know, and i'd also like to do something for my mother b/c my kids spend the night w/her once a week (my oldest is a terror at least 5 trips a year to the er) so i want them to be able to be seen until i can get to the er. i'd hate for a child to be in pain or not feel well longer than necessary.


Asked by vabchmommy at 10:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 5 (76 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I use this site towards the bottom there are medical authorization forms, it is also good to have a full information sheet on hand with a medical histroy and insurance information so you can just hand it over if there is a problem :)

    Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • All I do is have the parents write a detailed letter or note rather saying while in my care, In the event something like that happens I have there permission to take them to get treated and so forth.

    Answer by dolphinkisses at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • thank you ladies

    Answer by vabchmommy at 11:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Next question in Money & Work

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Does anyone else watch True Blood?