How would you feel if your sister told you she will not talk to you because you don't have a college degree?

My sister told me this tonight!!! i have my Hs but i choose to be a mother like she is and stay home . she has been married 4 times has 3 kids her 2 boys are spoiled the DD she just deals with her and she was poor now that she has a rich hubby she is living high with her wonderful remark . so how would you react? it made me cry..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that's harsh. I would just not talk to her. It's sad, but if someone sucks, they're out, even if they're my sibling.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would laugh at her and tell her before she gets all high and mighty she may want to actually finish high school first...(speaking of my sister).
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wait, she doesn't have a college degree either?
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 10:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'd tell her good-bye.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• she has her degree even married her 60 yr old teacher from college...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My 17 year old sister told me that I wasn't successful because I'm not in college. Basically said I'm a worthless human being. I wrote her off because she's freakin' 17 and doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.

I'd let her stop talking to me. It would make me upset, but I know that I love the choices I made and I have no regrets. It's her loss and she can be a stuckup bitch all she wants :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wow, she may have a degree and money, but she has absolutely no class. I'm so sorry that she hurt you that way. I'd wait for her to make the next move. We have a family member is thinks they're better than others, although they've never said what your sister said, their attitude is pretty condescending.

You're happy, have a wonderful family....love staying home and taking care of them. How happy can she really be with a man that much older?? Maybe she is, but if she's saying mean things to you...I'd bet not. I know it hurts, but I'd figure she's probably jealous of what you have........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would throw her sorry butt to the curb. As they say you can pick your friends. But you can not
    pick your family. It is he loss, Really . I would be hurt, but I believe in Karma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Well being my sister is 11 almost 12, I would laugh at her and say "that's cute KyKy but no."

However, in you case I would be like "Peace out...don't invite me to the next wedding" and call it a night.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Major eye roll! Who does she think she is...tell her to mind her own life and let you live yours. Sheece!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009