Toys in the crib?

So, my daughter has always had toys in her crib. Tonight, I decided to take them out to see if she sleeps any better. What do you think? Do you put toys in your childs crib? Does it keep them up (if you do) If you don't, why not?

HilWeirick

Asked by HilWeirick at 10:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to keep a bicycle basket in the baby's room. I put them to sleep with no toys in the crib, then when I checked on them before I went to bed, I would attach the basket to the crib rail. When they woke up they could get the toys out to play with.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son had toys in his crib and it didn't keep him up. Every kid is different though.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I dont usually at night. She wakes up sometimes in the early morning so when she goes back down, I'll put some in her crib in a corner on the opposite side. She plays for about 15 minutes in the morning. It's cute.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh, but no, It never keeps her up. If she's tired, she lays right down. if not, she'll stay up whether there are toys in there or not.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• we used to put toys in the crib but to keep DS entertained in the middle of the night if he woke up so we could sleep. he wasn't hungry, just wanted to play... toys in crib= problem solved for us.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't like putting them in there when he goes to bed because when he falls asleep he sometimes rolls over on them and it wakes him up. But if he's just in his crib playing while I'm getting chores done then it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son just throws everything in his crib out onto the floor anyway. Toys wouldn't last more than 30 seconds in there lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• All my son had was a teddy bear he slept with LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2009