Baptists?

What is the diff between a freewill baptist and a southern baptist?

Gealach

Asked by Gealach at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Free Will Baptists are Arminian, Southern Baptists tend toward Calvinism. Southern Baptists tend to believe once saved, always saved. However free will baptists believe that a person can denounce their faith and thus give up the opportunity of getting into heaven.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What Anon 05 said..lol! I know a few guys that will get into it with me cause they say that they can never fall from GRACE...idk..but I am not Baptist and dont understand all of them..lol!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was raised Baptist (or Bapticostal as I call it) and I never understood the differences. I don't claim any denomination now - I'm a child of God and I attend where I am spiritually fed.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would like for someone who believes you can NEVER fall from grace explain it - fully. I had a COC member try to tell me that once - his example. John accepts Christ on Wednesday - on Saturday night while cheating on his wife in a motel, John is struck with a heart attack and according to this COC member -John goes to heaven because of Grace. He couldn't explain the part about getting caught in sin. I just don't buy it. I professed Christ in 1979 - I die in 1997, having lived every year without following God's word or even seeking God's instruction on my life - you gonna tell me that I'm making it past the gates because I once professed acceptance but never acted upon it - citing only Grace - that's nonsense and God is not in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009