Can you tell me if this 3D ultrasound looks normal?

I was 23 weeks when I got this taken, but his bottom lip looks really pushed back... I looked up other 3D U/S at 23 weeks I saw a few that looked like this. Could his jaw not be formed all the way? or possibly sucking on his lip? or even an odd angle? Do you think this is anything to worry about? and do you think his little jaw will be normal when he is born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Photobucket
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It doesn't look weird to me at all... I think it's just the angle. I'm sure he'll be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• eek okay thanks I just want him to be healthy... I dont want anything wrong with him, and ive never seen 23 week old fetus before so I wasnt sure and it just worried me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• looks fine to me. wouldnt the u/s tech tell you or no? I've never had one done but i think it looks normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• All the parts that should be there, are there. There is some distortion with the image but that is due to movement of baby. They have to take multiple shots and over lap to get a good clean picture. I have only seen one or two that didn't have noticeable distortion. Were they looking for cleft lip/palate? Cause it looks good to me too.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• im sure he's just fine if they thought there was something wrong with it they would tell you he is only 23wks so he's not formed completely yet.. i wouldnt worry unless they told you to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh no they werent looking for anything. It was just a routine Sonogram. They said everything was fine he is growing great and all. I didnt get to see the 3D printout until after it was over so I hadnt noticed til I looked at it in the car. Thank you all though I was worried
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• IT LOOKS OK TO ME ! WHEN U HAVE THE BABY AND SOME THING IS WRONG WITH SHE OR HE JUST LOVE IT AND GET HELP FOR HIM OR HER , ILL PRAY FOR U ! ! LOVE U ! ! !
    Anonymous

• It looks like it's just the angle. Take into account that the US isn't a direct side view or a straight forward facing shot. This angle makes it look different, but I think your baby is fine. :-)
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had a 3-d with my first at about 23-25 weeks, and her lips looked just like that...i wasn't sure what to think. Turns out she's perfect and actually has big, pouty beautiful lips :) ! Don;t worry, he looks fantastic!
    tbower

Answer by tbower at 11:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009