How did you do it...?

I am looking for ways to lose some weight. I want to lose about 30 pounds in 4 - 6 months. If that is possible, that would be great. I am going to use an exercise ball as well as an elliptical trainer. But, I have heard of the acai and/or colon cleanse. I also am trying to diet or cut back on how many calories I take in a day. I am wondering, what is a way to see fast results? How did you lose your weight or how are you trying to?

HilWeirick

Asked by HilWeirick at 11:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• after my first son I lost over 100 pounds I worked out at the gym and I did 10 minutes on the bike and about 40 minutes on elliptical once I started loosing weight that motivated me to eat healthy, so work out on that elliptical and you will see results. GOOD LUCK
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Cut out/reduce your sugar intake. Very effective. And you get a nice energy boost. Eat healthy; lots of fruits and veggies, protein, good carbs (whole grains, brown rice, sweet potatoes), drink lots of water, exercise and get plenty of sleep.

You don't want to be ON a diet, you want to change your diet (food good). It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am losing weight, but my waist is getting slimmer... I made a blog about all the things i do.
    http://www.postbabybelly.com/
    laycers

Answer by laycers at 2:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well I have lost 138 pounds to date.I dont diet.It just doesnt work...you have to make changes.In my case I did it slowly over time.I run 3-5 times a week,lift weights etc.I eat clean,but I also dont deprive myself of the foods I love.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• the best diet I ever found was the egg diet, but I have to warn you, if you try it you might get really sick for 2-3 days. In the spring time, I usually do the egg diet for about 2-3 weeks to shed the winter flab and it works great. Fast, cheap, easy, still healthy, but almost everyone I know gets really sick the first couple of days until you adjust to all of that protein intake. Google it, you'll find it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Turbo Jam and Shakeology everyday. I also stopped drinking soda and started eating small healthy meals throughout the day. Also I stopped eating after dinner, no more late night snacking :) I've lost 5 inches off my waist in less than 2 months and also inches off my thighs and hips.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009