• In the Spotlight:

What is a helthy eating plan that can help me with my energy level and losing wieght while breastfeeding?

Any tips and information will help me.

ednaamelia

Asked by ednaamelia at 11:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I rotate all these work outs, and I like the first diet:
    http://www.postbabybelly.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• As for an eating plan, my doctor recommended giving up sugar and processed foods. She said in her experience (she had a baby just the year before mine) that is how she got her baby weight off while breastfeeding. Personally, that was just too impractical for me, so I joined Weight Watchers. They have a special points provision for breastfeeding moms and they don't recommend you lose more than 1 pound a week.
    pianonightstars

Answer by pianonightstars at 10:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Weight Watchers has a program for breastfeeding moms. I lost 45 pounds with it when I was breastfeeding my oldest, and I never went to meetings.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Your doctor is right about the sugars and processed foods. In fact, I took it one step further....I cut out foods made from white flour, white potatoes and white rice. This items break down into your bloodstream quickly causing a "sugar spike", and then you crash, feel hungry, and ride the nasty treadmill. I replaced those items with whole grain bread products, sweet potatoes and brown rice. I had much more energy and lost weight.

Then of course you want to eat a healthy well balanced diet, drink lots of water, get plenty of exercise and plenty of sleep.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009