my daughter is planning on getting married to someone who is leaving for the air force in december any thoughts???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• about what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Go Air Force?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• lets start they have been dating for 3 mts now and she is 18 he is 20, she thinks she will be able to move down to Texas in 6 weeks when he is done with basic and live with him on base??? 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Your daughter picked a hero...a man with integrity...a man who is willing to fight and protect our freedom,and our country, and she is going to sacrifice so much...she will have hard times, long nights, she will worry and be lonely, I HOPE she has a family that will support her and help her through her loneliness and sacrifice...And is proud that you will NOW have a son who is brave and selfless and is willing to put his life on the line for people he never met!!!! whoooraw! Congratulations on the new edition to your family. hope the wedding is beautiful!
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 11:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• just saw the part about it being only three months... maybe you should tell her to wait...but I don't think she will....you know how kids love to do what you tell them not too....i think you should tallk to her about it being so quickly and what it means to be married and the responsiblity, and maybe she should wait until he comes back from the air force....if she doesn't listen still support her....she is going to be on a hard journey
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 11:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i just don't think she is understanding the responsibility of it all, or what she is in for with everything that comes with being involved with someone in the military, I'm not sure that i even know....... but I'm sure that its not easy. i just wish i know more about what she will be going through day to day

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My DH is in the Air Force and its such an amazing life, he couldnt of picked a better branch, the deployments are short and not as many, not like the army, they work u like ur a dead dog, they just wont quit....the USAF is the way to go! and they treat the family so much better then any other branch not to mention air force housing is WAY better then any of the other branches...they spend their budget on other useless things
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• she wont be able to live with him on base...spouses dont travel to basic training and she most likely wont be able to see hime until after tech school.....then he will get his orders and send for her,if he is able......and thats if they are married before he goes into the air force.....
    its a crazy hectic life....been married to an air force guy for over 20 years now....I had to travel by myself to his base assignments, also had to pack up the house by myself too......hope she has a dependable vehicle and can read a map or use a GPS.......
    i also hope she can handle being away from her family.....3 months seems too short to really be reaI certainly hope she is ready for this kind of life.....and not pregnant because military doctors really want the spouse on birthcontrol....they seem annoyed with pregnant spouses,like we are a waste of their time.....just so you know!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 12:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I dont agree with Michaux...ive never been treated badly while pregnant, i love the base obgyn's! they are soo great! you get the best care and they are always so sweet, the life isnt that hectic, once you are stationed in a place you dont tend to leave...PCSing has become too expensive so tht last 15 years or so they have cut down on it, we have been at this base for 7 years and cant get away from it! lol we want to leave and they still wont move us, for the most part you are still pretty stable, but in the end it depends on ur husbands Job, but we love the Air Force life, and there is alot of spouse support, people are supportive and treat you with respect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how long did it take for you to get to base with him and how long did it take for him to get stationed where he is, i guess that im thinking of her waiting a year or 2 to be with him and to start their life together.

kidsareno1

Answer by kidsareno1 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009