jaw grinding and headaches?

For a couple years i guess now... my jaw sometimes pops when i wake up. after a few minutes it goes away and don't really bother me. Well lately, it's been getting worse and doing it thru out the day. Mostly when I am not doing anything. Like on the computer or nursing my baby. For the past 1-2 weeks noticably getting worse. Just my left side. My right side of my head has been hurting from behind my eyes all the way down my neck. I don't know what could be causing this, and if i wasn't getting these migraine type headaches along with, it wouldn't bother me as much. Dentist told me a while back maybe i was grinding my teeth at night. Pretty sure i'm not, and now that it's getting worse and i pay attention there is no way. I asked a dental hygienist friend of mine and she says I should work on relaxing the muscles in my neck, back ect., but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if you have any suggestions

batsonsgirl

Asked by batsonsgirl at 11:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• Have they checked you for Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)? I have it and sometimes it's very similar to that.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• no they haven't. i have done a little research and was looking at that. Is that like what the tetanus shot is supposed to prevent? i don't remember what would cause it
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 11:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ask your doc for and MRI of the tmj
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• an MRI. that just sounds expensive for something they can't really do much for.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 5:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2009