did you LO go down percentile points when they started getting mobile?

we went in for ds' 1 year check up yesterday and he had dropped from 50th percentile in weight to 25th. since we last went to the doc he's gotten really mobile and crawls and tries to walk now. The doc (not our usual) wanted us to try and get his weight up. I was talking to my friend about this and she said he looks normal and healthy and not to worry about it. he's 30.5 inches and 21.7 lbs. 75th percentile for height

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep mine went from 50% in weight to 25% from 6 months to 9 months and still in 95% for height shes 9 months 17lbs 31 inches
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 11:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter did. She went from 3 steps above the chart (they didnt tell me the percentage) to being right at the top of the chart between ages 12months and 20months in weight :) She is still way above the chart in height though (lol duh obviously she is not going to get shorter cause she moves around more)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• did your doc tell you to try and "bulk " them up
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My DS went from being in the 95% to being in the 75% AFTER HE STARTED WALKING SO i THINK IT'S OKAY. sorry about the caps I accidently hit the button.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my son started out in 96th percentile for weight and 97th for height. now at 14 months he is in the 36th percentile for weight and 90th for height. he eats alot, but he is in constant motion. he doesn't even stay still in his sleep.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, and children typically do that. According to my dr, within a few more months they will eventually "settle" where they're kinda going to stay.

Answer by missanc at 8:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son went throught the same thing! But our DR. said that it was normal because he was moving around.
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 8:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter went from 85% to 57%. Most children do that. At about 15-18 months, he will stop growing as quickly upward and that weight will start showing as weight not height, and he will balance out. Completely normal. Just be sure that he is still eating 3 meals plus snacks, and make them healthy ones.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine stayed about the same, but when she got really active, she ate a whole lot more to compensate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2009