dry scalp?

My 4 year old has patches of what looks like dry scalp...or craddle cap....but she says it hurts if i try to get it off her head.... What can i do for this...i wash her hair every other day .... please help...im a little worried since she never had this before...should i take her to a doctor...

mom2girliegirls

Asked by mom2girliegirls at 11:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it could be from the water, my son had that and they proscribed him some med shampoo for it, until she goes to the doctor try after u wash her hair put some ( a little) conditioner in her hair and leave it in and then comb her hair good, that helped my son out alot because the conditioner softened the dry spots up.... good luck hon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 18 months and still has it, but if you try rubbing it off while the hair is wet(in the bath or shower) it seems to be helping..also try not washing her hair every day. Sometimes this can make the scalp even more dry. I also have had a dry scalp my whole life, but head and shoulders shampoo really helped...no more dry scalp for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I removed this successfully with calandula oil and a nail brush. I wet my 3 yr old son's hair before hair wash, massaged plenty of calandula oil into his scalp with my fingers and then gently massaged his scalp with a nail brush. I then brushed his hair with the nail brush and washed his hair like usual. I was careful to be gentle so he didn't complain once and when I looked at his scalp once his hair was dry - all the craddle cap was gone :-)
    Rozzy444

Answer by Rozzy444 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Neutrogena T-gell shampoo works great. She may have a bit of dandruff gone horribly wrong. This was the case for my DD and it worked, good luck. Always ask your doctor first!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009