Cussing???

My 3 year old just started preschool and there is a little boy in her class... She keeps telling me all the bad words he says. She knows they're bad but is starting to use them here and there! We of course are disciplining her... Also she told me he showed her his butt. I talked to her teacher and she kind of brushed it off! She said he has a little problem with the words and it's something they're working on! Well his little problem is turning into a HUGE problem for me! What would u do???????

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd call his parents.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Good lesson to teach your child...that even though she hears or sees people do something wrong she does NOT need to copy them.....all she needs to tell you is he is saying bad words...not what bad words..explain how bad words hurt feelings....about showing of private parts that is a BIG DEAL and i would ask my child everyday if it happened again....if it does, and the teacher doesn't do anything I would start looking for a new preschool
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 11:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Or how about confront the parents? People always expect the teachers to do something but disipline begins at home so I would speak directly to the parents and if they do not do anything about it bring it to the person in charge of the preschool.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Do NOT confront the parents, that will get you nowhere! They will be put on the defensive and feel you are picking on their kid and their parenting skills. Just keep telling your DD that that kind of language is unacceptable and inappropriate in your family no matter where she is. Eventually she will get the point that she is punished for using the language and will stop even if this boy doesn't. As for the exposing of the tushie..The school really needs to address this issue. If he is doing it often enough, I am sure you are not going to be the only parent to complain. Make sure your DD knows that she should never show, or let anyone touch any part of her that her bathing suit covers up. She should never touch others where bathing suits cover. Just work on her and you will do much better in teaching her what is acceptable and not. She is your only concern. Life will always be full of obstacles.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• And just so you know, I have been there. My 4 yr old went to preschool and a few weeks into the year came home and told my 18 yr old daughter to "get me a F-ing drink" Kids!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• let your child know that these are bad words & she shouldn't say them. Then tell your child if she hears these words tell the teacher. Also you should talk to the principle. IF talking to the principle gets you no where talk to the super-attendant... if that don't work talk NICELY to the parents.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• tell the teacher if your child repeats another dirty word she learned in her classroom you are going to the director with the problem
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009