With the question about the child who had an allergic reaction to pb at preschool...

I wonder, does your preschool send home menu's showing snacks and meals? DD has been in 3 different daycares, 2 of the 3 provided monthly menu's, her preschool has ALWAYS provided a menu. So, does yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in

• Yes ours does. (Good question)
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The preschool I work at does not because the parents bring snack. Each child is assigned a day or 2 a month to bring snack. We do inform the parents of any allergies. I have worked at other centers and some provide a snack list and some do not. They ALL had a list of children with allergies posted near the snacks, in ALL classrooms, the teacher staff room and office.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wow, the parents not only have to pay for preschool, but pay for the snacks too? Personally, I'd find a new preschool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Our preschool has us rotating snacks. There is a list of exceptable snacks and so far no allergies have been reported.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ours does not send one home, but it is posted for all to see (saves on paper.) I always send lunch for DS because of dietary restrictions (no milk and meat together) and the fact that he is extremely picky (won't eat cheese or pasta but loves a nice greek yogurt - go figure.)

About a month after we began they banned all peanut products because 1 kid had an allergy. Even though it is a pain for me, I think it was a great move. Can't be too careful these days.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son's daycare is under a food program, so nothing that can cause allergic reactions is fed to them (well nothing typical like peanut butter). They don't pass out a menu, but there is one posted in each classroom as well as the entryway.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We've always had menus sent home, DS had a daily note sent home with his preschool that listed what he did or did not eat from his tray, and now our 1st grade class lists a weekly snack schedule and requests for the upcoming week.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my sons pre k did not kids took turns bringing in snack. In my sons pre k class there was not an allergy. but in kindergarten and 1st grade there is
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• At the 1st daycare I ever worked at, we served the meals to the children and a menu went home monthly and any allergies were posted in ea rm and in the kitchen.
    As for the second place the children had to bring their own lunch and snacks. If a peanut allergy was in a room, parents were asked NOT to send in PB as a lunch. If one was the child with the allergies was given a (what I called a fun lunch) and got to go to another class to eat lunch with
    other children most often with their sibling and then a reminder note went home to the parents that night.
    Now currently my 8 yr old 3rd grader gets monthly menus and we post them on the frig. also before I send in any treats (no matter what it is) I talk to his teacher to make sure that there is NO type of allergy of any kind in the room.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My sons preschool is nut free. They provide the snacks. We do not get a list and we don't pay extra for snacks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2009