What do you do with all of your children's old toys?

Just looking to see what everyone does when they have toys to get rid of. Ebay, Goodwill, yard sale? I have way too much stuff that is all in great condition...I wouldn't mind getting a little money for it but just don't know the best way to go about it. Most of the consignment stores in the area are really picky about the toys they take.

romanojm

Asked by romanojm at 11:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the good stuff I put in garage sales. If I just have a few things or they aren't going to get much at a sale I put them on freecycle so someone can take them for free! go to freecycle.org and check it out if you're interested!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i donate all my kids things, baby cloths, toys and other things to the children's hospital near us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• craigslist. you should look it up and see if you have one in your area. that is what i do with all mine just go to craigslist.com
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, I gave some to my neighbor who had a baby a few months after me but the rest I kept cause I found out I was having #2 lol.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 12:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I keep the stuff I love and give the rest to a woman's shelter. I am looking for an org. that send them to orphanages in Mexico- I think I might have to start my own pretty soon, though.
    I just feel so luck to have the nice things that I do. Although I could sell them ina yardsale, I just want them OUT of my house (before my son finds them like he always does and rekindles his love for the really loud and annoying baby toy).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have a wonderful site that is call the freecycle is on yahoo or in plain freecycle.org and I will post all the things I don't need (books,beds,clothes, shoes,etc) I notice that every state have a freecycle you should try it and at the same time help all the things we throw away not being dump on landfills, give it a try!!!
    jlara8539

Answer by jlara8539 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Craigslist if we need the money. Otherwise we donate all the nice ones to the local crisis pregnancy center (they have a 'store' for the moms too). If it's decent but not good enough to sell online or donate it goes to salvation army or such.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 1:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Good Will and if I have something that is worth Selling I sale it on Craigslist! but I am going to check into that mommy thing..HA
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 1:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Broken or missing - thrown out.
    Mildly used and still playable - donated to battered women's shelter.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009