So, now those that draw unemployment are lazy?

Just read another post and read the comment that said those that are drawing unemployment are lazy. I had to chuckle at this womans ignorance. She is tired of paying for lazy people. I do want to thank her for the $700 a week my husband and I do recieve in unemployment since we lost our jobs due to the economy hitting the auto business. Thanks!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I think its a jealously thing for someone to complain that their combined income of 740 for two full time workers isn't fair for another couples to be drawing 700 in unemployment.... it is not like those who have been laid off as a result of a bad economy would rather have it this way, I don't think anyone really says hey I want to to be laid off! I think that maybe working a mediocre job and busting your butt for what comes out to a measly we'll say 350 divided by 40 hours= around 8.75, so you are supposed to work hard for way under what you had before? I think its a better idea to look for work, but why work hard to get what you can get as an unemployed person?!

No one should be made to feel ashamed for getting what they paid into and what they are entitled to... YOU worked hard for that money to build up, its YOURS!
    mapk9d

Answer by mapk9d at 12:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you aren't actively looking for work, then yes. Me and my husband both work full time jobs and only bring home $740 a week. Do I think it's fair people get the same amount we EARN for unemployment? No. But I also don't think it's fair that people who have foodstamps and get a welfare check live better than I do either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'll thank her too, since I was laid off from a great job because of the economy. It's not like we all up and quit and manage to get it somehow. I look for jobs, but most want experience or a degree or hours I cant work because they'd mix up with hubby's. It's not that easy to find a job. Although, I might be getting lucky....I might be getting this job I'm interested in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would never consider them lazy unless they take the unemployment and do not try to look for another job. If they draw unemployment, I find them doing what they can to stay afloat during their job hunt.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh and technically, I've paid for my unemplyment from working. True, it probably doesnt add up to the amount I'll be getting if I dont get a job soon, but it's not solely from othher peoples taxes. Taxes get taken out of my unemplyment so, am I paying for my unemplyment that way too? Dang.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Anon 11:55PM, good luck with the job you thank you may get. That is great, hope it works out for you. I personally don't feel bad for getting unemployment.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Oh and also up until this year we have paid in over $20k a year in taxes and then still paid in at the end of the year, so I think I have paid my dues towards unemployment. She can smoke that in her pipe!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well since you often throw around a lot of stereotypes about I dunno...lets say immigrants, I find it ironic that you are offended that some poster is stereotyping you.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yep you're really considered a lazy ass around here if you do or are any of the following:
    -Collect welfare, foodstamps or any sort of PA.(Get a job, you bum)
    -Collect unemployment.(Why do you make as much as me when you just sit on your ass all day)
    -If you eat fast food or don't cook meals from scratch. You lazy cook)
    -If you are a SAHM (what does your lazy ass do all day anyway. I work all day and cook and clean)
    I could probably make a list of about 20 other rude comments I've seen on here.
    To each their own. I'm about ready to be done with this site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Answered at 12:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 by: SRiveroC
    Well since you often throw around a lot of stereotypes about I dunno...lets say immigrants, I find it ironic that you are offended that some poster is stereotyping you.

Actually I wanted to thank her. And I did. ***rolls eyes***
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009