so i shaved my bikini area a couple days ago...

the hair is growing back in (but its still too short to shave off again) and its sooooo itchy and irritated. what lotion is good to stop the itchiness? also is there anything i can put before, after, or while I'm shaving to keep this from happening again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I always used neosporin after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You can buy bikini zone.. works great b4 and after. Can get it at any drug store. works great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i use baby powder afterwards and when it starts to grow back in and is itchy. use a dull blade as well (new ones always make it worse), and shaving cream or lotion. don't use anything w/perfume that will make it even worse. don't wear any lacy panties, than your skin is exposed to your jeans or whatever material your pants are. after shaving the area on a more regular basis it won't be as bad anymore.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• neosporin is great for it...also, COOCHI shave cream is a fab product that you can order on-line...not that expensive either.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I use a shaving cream called Coochy from Pure Romance and I love it. You can follow up with a gel like bikini zone.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 12:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• bikini zone is awsome!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i use this cream called coochie cream it is amazing i use it while i am shaving and it last a little longer and bikini zone is good 2
    Lovebugto2

Answer by Lovebugto2 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• another way to aviod a razor burn like that is to shave with the grain and not try to go against it, works for me, and because it doesnt get irritated i can shave it everyday if i want to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I second the coochie cream.. Also, make sure you have been in warm shower long enough for the skin to soften up. Then exfolliate the area, that will bring up the hairs for a better shave. Then apply your cream and do go with the grain first. And note that the hair in various parts will grow in from various directions, so be careful. After that, (always keeping the area moist and fresh cream to keep it soft and smooth for shaving) try going along sideways to the grain, you will then find you will get a little more smoothness than you did when you first went with the grain, but no pulling or tugging. If you feel that, stop. After that, more cream and try gently against the grain. If it pulls, stop and try another direction. Just keep experimenting with direction until you are smooth but not burning or raw. I shave daily with no issues. Some say Tea Tree Oil is good to use right after shaving for redness and such.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If you keep shaving on a regular basis, like every few days, the itchiness eventually goes away as the skin gets shave conditioned. Your pubic area is not used to being shaved and the skin in the beginning is very sensitive. Stick with it and it goes away. Worked for me. I've been bald down there for years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2009