Could I have TMJ?

For a couple years i guess now... my jaw sometimes pops when i wake up. after a few minutes it goes away and don't really bother me. Well lately, it's been getting worse and doing it thru out the day. Mostly when I am not doing anything. Like on the computer or nursing my baby. For the past 1-2 weeks noticably getting worse. Just my left side. My right side of my head has been hurting from behind my eyes all the way down my neck. I don't know what could be causing this, and if i wasn't getting these migraine type headaches along with, it wouldn't bother me as much. Dentist told me a while back maybe i was grinding my teeth at night. Pretty sure i'm not, and now that it's getting worse and i pay attention there is no way. I asked a dental hygienist friend of mine and she says I should work on relaxing the muscles in my neck, back ect., but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if you have any suggestions

batsonsgirl

Asked by batsonsgirl at 11:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• My mom has had problems with shooting pains in her jaw and up into her cheek. She discovered when she lost weight the problem went away. When she gained it back, it came back. Weird.

I think it must be fat cells pushing on a nerve or something. Maybe you have the same thing?
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You should ask you doctor to order an MRI of the TMJ. I see this happen all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• well considering i am definetely not overweight i doubt that is the problem. i do maybe see stress causing it, so i need to work on that. wish it was something easy!
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 5:14 AM on Sep. 19, 2009