Why does my belly button hurt?

I'm now 13 weeks pregnant. When I was only 10 weeks I started getting this pain in my belly button. It is like a pulling/twisting pain. Hurts so bad I can barely move. So, I went to the er and they said i had a small bleed between my placenta and uterus. Also, I had a potassium deficiency. However, the er doc and my doc both say that this doesn't explain the pain I feel. I still get this horrible pain from time to time and i just don't know what to do. My husband looks at my like I 'm crazy and keeps telling me there is nothing wrong. However, this is my second child and i never felt pain like this with my first pregnancy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me pain like that was just my uterus stretching. It'd stop me and I'd bend over in pain it hurt so bad but the doctor told me it was just normal.
    If you are worried though I'd call your doctor.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 12:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i had the same thing, including the pulling. Its a fairly common complaint in pregnancy. However with the bleeding, there is a small chance you could have a hernia. It's nothign to be scared about, but you do want to get it checked. Stil I think it's just the usual pain that comes with pregnancy. YOu also need to remember that your muscles and abdomen are more stretchy and tend to bloat earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so belly button pain this early isn't a surprise.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2009