Who helps with homework in your house?

It is always me!!! It does not matter if he worked or not, if she asks him for help or not, it is always me!!! Worked on it tonight for almost 2 hours. After cooking dinner doing dishes and the general other tidy up at night!

I just want a hot shower and my pillow!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am with you. I help my daughter everynight with homework. She is in 1st grade. I work all day long 36-40hrs a week and I babysit after work for like 2hrs a day after school. I also do mostly all of everything else. Dishes, supper(most of the time) cleaning,etc. Hubby doesn't help that much-He takes the trash out when I ask him to.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Dont ever regret helping ur children. they will always remember that and it will be because of u that they succeed. I help them , dad is at work.. but when it comes to science projects he wants to be in charge. :)
    bizzygirlz

Answer by bizzygirlz at 1:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you can try to look up some writings on the importance of dads in our kids behavior and outcome. Sometimes it just doesnt make sense to the dads until they see other dads working with thier kids... maybe they get competitive or something I dont know but if you have a home school association maybe they have classes for dads to be more involved. Sometimes you just need to express nicely how you are feeling... ie... I am really tired tonight dear would you like to do the dishes while I go over the homework or do you want to do the homework?

either choice leaves less for you to do!
    linalinda

Answer by linalinda at 2:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Usually me, because my kids do it in the afternoons before my dh gets home from work. But for science projects - it's all my dh.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Always help your children with a giving heart whether it is homework, the school bully, puberty, or just a bad day. The way you react to them now will shape the way they react to you later in life.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• By choice (mine and my children's) I help with homework. DH is willing to and does on occasion. BUT, to the kids, that's "mom's job." Fine by me. Yes, it makes a long day sometimes, especially the days I work (2 days a week), come home to make dinner or the days I'm shuttling them around to activities, cooking, etc. It's worth it though. It's worth every second.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am the one who picks my son up from school. Rules in our house is homework before play or recreational activities. So, snack first, then homework. I sit with my son, if he has questions, we talk them through. If he has a wrong answer, we re-read the directions and I explain what he doesn't comprehend. It's a routine I live by, as at this age, he's got his routine set and hopefully he'll continue with it.
    Tink122861

Answer by Tink122861 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do all of the homework with the kids. My husband works from 6am-11pm, so it's like that every day. I make dinners and the kids sit at the island so I can do dinner and homework at the same time.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Usually her daddy :) I do sometimes but I'm usually at work and she has to get it doe or isnt aloud to play until it is I understand if she needs help qith questrions but usually I'm working!!
    Coolmommy1

Answer by Coolmommy1 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009