they wont die piogs

i have had lice for a month now nothing will kill them i have tried tea tree oil, i have tried leaving conditioner in my hair, i have used otc nix 4 times, i went out and bought the rid metal combs so i can check my hair every day, and everyday i get 1-2 bugs not little bug either, im haveing the same trouble with dd hair, i have bought spray to spray r beds, furniture, i have put her stuff animal in the dryer and the ones who cant go in the dryer go in a bag,i treated r hair bands and brushed repeatilyi have never had them this bad befor, im afraid im going to have to cut r hair, dd hair is down to her middle back and so aint mine, i really dont want to take this rout...grrr what can i do more that im not doing already? btw im 12 weeks preg and yes dr said i could use the nix and be safe

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 12:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Soak your hair in white vinegar and wrap in a vinegar soaked towel for at least 30 minutes. The vinegar dissolves the glue that holds the nits on. Wash your hair with Dawn dish soap. It smothers any remaining bugs. Leave conditioner on for at least 10 minutes. Comb out all remaining nits & bugs. Apply product (mousse, gel, hairspray) everyday. Bugs like clean hair. Wash all bedding & pillows. Spray down furniture & vacuum furniture. The best spray that I found is called Pronto. It comes in a lice kit.

If you have pets, treat them for fleas with Frontline. Although they say it isn't connected, whenever my DD gets lice, my dogs start itching too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with the above poster and also wanted to mention that if you put mineral oil in your hair, then cover it with a plastic shower cap all night while you are sleeping, the bugs will be smothered & they can't jump off you into your bedding, etc., to survive, so they die. Do this for about a week and no more nits. Use Dawn dish soap to wash the mineral oil out of your hair each morning.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• a mother of 5 kids told me the best thing is to soak your hair in listerine, it kills everything!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• mayo does the trick left in for 2 hours so they cant breathe i have been told with a plastic grocery bag tied around you hair so they cant escape. but personally i worked in daycare and got it one time. i did vasoline. it worked it just takes about 3-4 weeks for the vasoline to come out of you hair and for you to stop falling in the tub lol you need to remember to wash all your bed linens and put in dryer 2-3 times on highest heat setting. also put stuffed animals in trash bags for 2-3 weeks to keep from regetting them plus the egss will hatch. oh and throw out your vacuum bag after you do all of this!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 17, 2009