What is with everyone caring what is in style for fall?

Is it that important to look like everyone else??
What happened to being your self?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have always worn my own thing, which means it has to fit (stay on my body and cover the bulges), feel comfy (not be tight anywhere), and not look like it came from granny's closet or from the freakin 70's.
    I get sick to my stomach lately at what I've seen Walmart trying to sell to plus sized women and have been so pleased to have found the clearance racks in the back of the Lane & Bryant outlet store for tops.
    I am the type of lady who will keep right on wearing shorts, short sleeves, and flip-flops until the temps go down into the low 50's or 40's. I love the cold weather - I'm in my element when it arrives!
    I never follow any trends, as anyone may have noticed....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do have to say I enjoy fall clothing. The colors are great and I enjoy the outfits
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No i mean likee when they say omg what is Britney Spears wearing? Just for example.
    You know the people that have to have exactly what is in style and then you see like 50 woman at walmart dressed the same way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, IMO, unless you make your own clothes, chances are you are going to end up have the exact same garment as someone else. So the whole, be yourself thing, is a little difficult in the clothing department. I don't see what the big deal is... If someone is into fashion... Cool... if you aren't... cool too. Some people like to be "in style."

Anonymous

• LOL@ 50 women dress the same at walmart. That is true!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I really don't care what the stars or anyone else is wearing, I wear what I like and I put outfits together that are to my taste not the society, and if people don't like it and think it's out of style then they can just turn there head the other way and be on there way cuz this momma just don't care what people think.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• ive never been one to worry about what the "latest trends" were. never ..i usually shop on ebay for things ive always loved.corduroy pants, warm sweaters etc.i also shop goodwill. i love bargains and cheap threads.:) i could nver spend 100 dollars on a pair of jeans. one time when i visited my mom sheand i went shopping and shebought me a pair of jeans thatwere 50 dollars. *alot) we arent poor i just love good deals like on ebay and stuff. i never want to dress like "a star" or what everyone else is wearing. not my thing. im usuallyin jeans or corduroys, a t'shirt and an awesome sweater..i never care about the shoe obsession eiehter..lol
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:31 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• lol, I'll dress like a star when I weigh 110 lbs. (never gonna happen). Then again maybe the chemo diet I will be going on will take me down to 110....whatever, to me being in style is just a fad. I know what I just wrote sounds dumb but think about it? When we are 60 are we really going to be worried about what Brittney is wearing?
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hey Gigi! What do you mean chemo diet? Have I missed something while I've been gone????
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I used to really be into fashion. The older I get, the less and less I care about it. I still like to look nice, but I also want comfort. Having a 2 yr old means I need functionality too. You can't chase a 2 yr old wearing stilettos, a micro mini, or low cut shirt. (Not all together...I don't have a 2 yr old because I looked like a hoochie in need of a baby daddy) LMAO
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009