Why do ignorant people think that racism in only in the south?

I live in CA and it is very alive here.
Makes me sick to see ignorant people like that,.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course it is alive and well. Anyone who takes the time to look around will see that. I do have to add that one reason Black (or other groups) racism against Whites is not a big talking point is because Black people and other ethnic groups to not hold a majority of the positions of power, and are disproportionally affected by the bad economy, and other social issues. So while there may be racism there, the effect it has on white people is negligible. And before someone starts flipping out about their cousin's sister-in-law's best friernd who got turned down for a job because she was white and the manager was black, please just let me say bite me.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It is alive here in Colorado too. It really is everywhere, but it seems to be more concentrated in the south.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Racism is on both sides of the fence. There are as many black that are racist as there is whites. But yet this is never talked about
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• haha I live in Ca too. I went into a corner store the other day and this black man was in front of me in line... There was something wrong with the lotto thing he was getting so he says to the clerk "help this honky first" I was like wtf?
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A lot of people have their heads so far up their butts that they can't see reality anymore. They live in their bubble and because "they aren't racist" and their "friends aren't racist" and they've never dealt with it or saw it with their own eyes..it couldn't possibly exist.

Ronjwake I find it curious that you mention that blacks are racist too when the OP didn't specify a particular race but racism in general. Why do you assume that she's only talking about black people facing racism instead of whites and all of the other minority groups in the U.S. ....
    Awifenmom

Answer by Awifenmom at 1:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

Thanks Captain Obvious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ronjwake I find it curious that you mention that blacks are racist too when the OP didn't specify a particular race but racism in general. Why do you assume that she's only talking about black people facing racism instead of whites and all of the other minority groups in the U.S. .

Because she is racist and trying to hide it by pointing her finger at someone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I grew up in the south and there was much much more racism there than where I live now (in the north) I'm not saying people here aren't racist I'm just saying it was worse in the south.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Awife I made this comment due to the previous question that this was meant towards. It was the article on the lady that was attacked in GA.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Thanks Captain Obvious!

Thanks for taking notes on it! Always glad to see someone pay attention!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009