• In the Spotlight:

White chicks ONLY... when was the last time you experianced rasicm directed at you?

Every time I read about racism somebody always has to point out that it goes the other way too. Well that is obvious... So what I would like to know is when was the last time somebody treated you differently or badly because you are white? Please explain the circumstances.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Never. Sexism, yes. Racism, never.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Never has happened to me. I have experienced sexism at the workplace.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You will probably get accused of being racist because of this question. lol. I haven't had any racism directed toward me. When I was in school Hispanics, blacks and whites all hung out with each other, and there was never really any racism.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I just posted this in the other post, but I will repeat it. When I was a child I was one of three white students in my school. I was hurt physically and verbally EVERYDAY. I was afraid to go to school because I was white. Even one of my teachers was racist toward me, giving me bad grades and hitting me with her ruler. Believe it or not it's not just white people who are racist.
    Anonymous

• The only thing I can think of that would come close was when we were in Chicago and were told that white folks dont be out after dark. This was stated by a black man.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OK well someone very ignorant has to make this "joke" every time they see me.. they say we r rich.. but thats b/c they r ALWAYS BROKE. so i dont like it. dont try to embarrass me just cuz ur irresponsible.
    bizzygirlz

Answer by bizzygirlz at 1:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here...

I am just pointing out that people are racist all across the spectrum of color. But as a white woman I have never experienced racism directed at me. I can bet you if I ask this question to black. hispanic/asian woman, I would have many more examples given.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• In high school. But I don't know if it was real racism or just rude people with nothing else to hurt my feelings with. Oh well..
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• ronj how is that racist?

I want to add if you asked Black women I would bet every single one of them would have numerous stories of blatant racism. Not being passed over for a job for unknown reasons but things like threats and name calling.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• And what's with all the black guys saying that a white girl who has a big butt had surgery to get it big? Some think if any white girl has a big butt, it's fake. that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard! Not that that's racist, but still. I'd like to know how a minor had surgery at the age of 10 years old because her butt was big when she was younger!

I've heard that several times already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009