I need a job in nyc!!!please help

212lakay

Asked by 212lakay at 1:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I can help you!!! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Kind of a broad question there. Let me refer you to indeed.com, which is a GREAT job posting aggregator.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What kind of experience do you have? What kind of jobs did you have before?
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

• Go to www.careerbuilder.com it is like a classifieds thing. They let you punch in your zip code and give you so many places that are hiring.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Jobs are a tough find right now.

I encourage you to break away from the rat race.

My company offers daily pay on top of helping many.

To get an overview click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• This is perfect and works around your schedual with GREAT income!!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hi There! My name is Megan. I had my daughter in March of 2009 and immediatly knew that I wanted to be home with her as much as possible. I looked for a while for a way to earn a reliable income from home. Some of the things I found were scams, others were not what they promised to be. I recently found a wonderful 24 year old, BBB and inc 500 company. This company is rock solid and that is why I want to share it with you. If you are like me and need to stay at home but also need to earn a great income, with a legit company then please visit my website
    www.workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn

I will be happy to share with you more FREE information. This just might be what you have been looking for too!

- Megan
    meg424@rocketmail.com
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 6:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

www.workathomeunited.com/meganhoehn

- Megan
    meg424@rocketmail.com
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 7:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009