Do I need a prespriction to get clomid oral? My doctor lives 2 hours away? Please read b4 answering.

I have fertile problems (confrimed by a doctor). I didn't get the prespriction while I was at the doctor because I wanted to talk to real people about it instead of the doctors statistics. Now my car died and is in the shop for a few weeks until they order the part. My period is going to start in two weeks. If you know about clomid you need to talk it right away. I have already been trying for two years and obviously don't want to wait another month to try. Is there anyways I can get clomid without a perscription? Or did I never need on to begin with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• from what ive heard on here from others you can get is otc at walgreens.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• hello, iam in the same boat as you. I just ordered clomid online. Just google clomid for cheap and you will come up with alot of pharmacy's online that are in reasonable prices..
    goodluck!
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I did need to get a prescription for mine, but I needed a higher dose than normal. So that might be why.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You do need to get it from the doctor...The good news is that you don't have to start taking it until day 3 or 5 of your new cycle, so you might have your car back by then...Otherwise, I would suggest going to a vitamin store and buying Vitex and taking that on days 1-10 of your new cycle.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I took clomid. I know you do have to start taking it a few days after your period starts, but I can't remember how many days. I did have to have a prescription. Since your doctor knows your situation, you could probably just call the office and have them send the prescription over to the pharmacy closest to you. I only had to take the first dose of clomid and I got pregnant. Good luck, I hope you have success with it!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2009