Could anything bad happen if you have sex before 6 weeks after birth?

I know that you could get pregnant in all. i just wanted to know if anything bad could happen if you have sex before the recomemened 6 weeks is up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• You need the 6 weeks for your body to heal. My sister is an obgyn and she and I where talking about this same thing not to long ago and she told me that (other than the things that the other women have put (witch are big things) ) during that 6 weeks you cervix goes back down to size and so dose you uterus. If you are having sex than it can stop the shrinking of those areas. It cans make you have problems in other pregnancies down the road. And that is why most women have belly bulge that they will never get rid of. (not all but that is a big reason) so good luck I hope you make a wise chose.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The only thing bad is tearing stitches, and the area is supposed to be kept really clean so it can heal properly so alot of extra added bacteria might cause an infection. But hell i threw all of that asside and i did it and i was fine. I just made sure to clean myself up really good and use my anti bacterial spray that they gave me at the hosptial, plus the spray made my already sore area feel a little better, just don't over do it or you will pay for it in the morning!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• infections, tearing, pregnancy. See it all the time at the OB office I work at
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My SO and I started again at four weeks and my OB was completely fine with it, the minor stitches I had were healed and we used a condom (which was the main worry of my OB). She said it just really depends on how you feel about it and if you feel ready.
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 9:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• yeah you could get pregnant. I have a neice and nephew 10 months apart.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My provider said it was fine to resume before the six week checkup, but not to resume until bleeding had entirely stopped for at least 24 hours. Use condoms prior to your six week checkup to reduce risks of pregnancy and uterine infection. Use lube and take it slow, and if it hurts just stop and try again a few days later.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2009