what can I do?

My cat keeps jumping on my 18month old son and all he says is ouch... I have to pick the cat up and he starts biting me and I pat him on the month and say no bit and put him in another room and shut the door.. over and over and over im also prego and I can't have my cat doing that to the baby what should I do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pets

• find a nice comfy home for the cat, if the cat is already having behavioral issues with your son, then you need to get rid of it, it will only be worse with the baby, oh yeah and tell your son the cat ran away and buy a gold fish or something?
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:45 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you have an older cat or one who was the center of attention before you had your son most likely the cat is unhappy with the new person in the house.

We had two cats that were our babies then we had our oldest, they never hurt him and were very tolerent but I could tell they were unhappy with the situation. they would hide when our oldest was awake, My mom ended up taking them and they were so much happier. we now have 6 cats and 3 kids lol I have found it is best that cats grow up with the kids that way they are used to each other we have 3 kittens who are almost 3 months old and my kids and my daycare kids (youngest is 14 months) can pick them up drag them around and the cats allow it because they are used to it, they have never known any other life.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2009