Is it Real???

when do real contractions start to hurt i mean realy hurt? like i am having contractions that are mildly painful like just enought to make me say ow but not bad you know. they are coming between 10-8 mins apart. i feel alot of tightness and alot of pressure in my pelvic region that last a little less than a min. and having mild cramps

is this real contractions? Is This Realy Labor??????? i am trying not to get my hopes up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like real labor to me the only way to tell is if you contractions get closer together, i was feeling pain at about 4pm on a monday and i delivered my son at 10 am on tuesday and the contractions were really lite at first.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• how long did you wait befor you went to the hospital?? what time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• id go on your own intuation!! if you think its time then go in and get checked it wont hurt anything and it might make it happen alot sooner!! good luck and congrats!!! and also my contractions didnt really start to hurt until my water broke and mine never did it on its own! the docs always did it!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 3:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• *Usually* contractions get more intense as they progess, becoming more frequent. Not all women experience intense pain.
    How long is each contraction lasting (15 seconds, 65 seconds)?

You can try to make them go away~ if they don't then it's possible true labor.
    When are you due?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I usually suggest moms wait until "4-1-1" --at least 4 minutes apart, one minute long, this way for an hour or longer.
    When I attend a laboring mom though, we wait until the contractions are 2 or 3 minutes apart.

And your water might breask at any time or never~ baby can safely & gently be born in the bag intact, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Every birth is different. But *most likely* if your contractions get closer together, stronger in intensity, and don't stop or slow down with change of position (i.e. lying down to walking, etc.), you are probably in labor.

Just take it easy and try to rest. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine didn't hurt with my first son until I was probably close to a 7 or 8... I went in at a 5 and could hardly feel them, just a little tightening like a BH.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 8:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2009