Do you get approved for the Oregon Health Plan quicker if you are pregnant?

I have recently taken a pregnancy test and it turned out positive. We do not have any insurance and I want to start doctor visits asap! I am very paranoid with every cramp. This will be our first child btw.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I believe so.
    BUT if you are able to see a midwife who won't bill until the end you may be able to get The Open Card. (Covers all the nice goodies...)

What's going on that worries you?
    Are you healthy? Anything in particular?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• thanks---I am just concerned when I get cramps. I know that they are normal but this will be my first
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 3:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• *yes I am healthy
    (: ty
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• One weird thing i have found in Oregon is most doctors wont see you till your 6-8 weeks along, it is the strangest thing I have ever heard. I had my first in california and they want to see you ASAP, we had our second here and they kept telling me they wouldnt see me till 6 weeks. we decided to have our third in washington and drive the hour to the hospital lol.

as far as i know you should be able to get coverage right away, but i'm not 100% about that I havent ever applied in Oregon since DH has ins. through work.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• CONGRATULATIONS!!      :-)
    I had the OHP for my births, it was more flexible a couple of years ago... I hope they treat you well!

Check out:    Cramping in Early Pregnancy

from:  Early Pregnancy

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009