I have been having hot flashed like crazy lately...usually 4-7 times daily. I am 23, and am wonder what could be some causes?

norasmom1229

Asked by norasmom1229 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• It's hormonal.  You're obviously too young for menopause but it could be caused by a new contraceptive, or childbirth or breastfeeding.  I used to have night sweats all the time when I was breastfeeding and some bc pills caused me to have hot flushes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am currently taking the same birth control I have been taking for the last 3 years, excluding when I was pregnant, and It just started about a week ago. I assume it is hormonal but it is driving me crazy, waking up drench in sweat.
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 7:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The changes in your body during pregnancy could have altered the effects your BC has on you.  I suggest two things 1) talk to your doctor and 2) keep a towel by the bed. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL! I have been sleeping on my husbands side!! But the towel thing is a good Idea, and I will call the dr monday...they are closed til then!
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL I'm in menopause so I fell your pain.  The worst is in the winter when you wake up soaking wet and then of course you have to pee, so your soaking wet body and sheets end up freezing cold.  Not fun!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009