Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)



Asked by babekids06 at 3:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Aside form a nice dinner you could take her to a day spa, or spend a girls day with her and do lunch and pedicures. If she isn't into the whole feminine pampering then there's always the beach/park/lakebotanical gardens, or a nice picnic.

    Granted I had my 23rd birthday at the roller rink because I hadn't been in close to 8 years, it was a so much fun!

    My cousin is still living at home at 28, I offered to send her a security deposit for he own place and she didn't see the humor in it... (Obviously not all adult children living at home are hopeless moochers that are lazy, I know that alot of students and young adults just can't afford to live alone in this economy)

    Answer by GinnyGreer at 1:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • i just turned 24 but im not living at home but id suggest mabye just taking her out to a nice dinner or having a dinner with a couple of her friends at your house!! or if she ahs kids then offer to keep them so she can go out for it!! simple gestures mean the most!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • I agree, DH and I moved back home for a while in our early 20's to save up to move out of state, my sister babysat for us and my parents took me out to dinner, then gave DH and i a night out alone it was the BEST B-day gift ever.

    Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • I'd take her out to dinner, too.

    Answer by SWasson at 7:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • We stopped birthday parties when the kids were about 12. My kids are adults now. All the relatives get together for dinner when someone has a birthday now. No big party thing when they are grown up,in other words.

    Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • The last few years my adult daughter, who is now 25, enjoys for me to take her and two of her best friends out of town about 3 hrs. away...stay in a condo, shop, and eat out...just have girls' time. We have done this about 6 yrs. now and we always have such a great time. I am grateful she still chooses for mom to go along! :)

    Answer by mcnaughtykat at 4:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • you can take her out to dinner at a nice place abd have close friends and close family show up and surprise her. and maKE A BIG PARTY OUT OF IT.;Or have the same kind of party but instead of going out have it at your place' or if she likes sports take her out to a game. and invite friends and family aS WELL. HOPE i HELPED.

    Answer by incarnita at 8:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • a housewarming party LOL nah dinner out should be sufficient or you could rent a wii console and have a nigth of bowling at home with your close family and friends

    Answer by katiekruschke at 8:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • I'd say a moving out party would be in order. Then, a dinner at a nice restaurant with the family or a b-day cake at your house... but I pray my kids (still teens) aren't living with me when they are 25. good luck.

    Answer by graciepat at 9:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • None

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009