How do you make a 12 month old go to bed early?

My almost one year old baby is really active. He goes to sleep real late....real late into the real morning hours. He gets up at 11 am, plays a lot, eats good, and takes his day nap around 5 pm or 5:30 pm for about an hour. After nap he is up by the time Daddy gets home fom work and plays with him, Daddy gets exhausted, then mommy takes over, gets exhausted....plays way more (playing includes walking around the house a lot and running after everything) and then....goes to sleep by 11 pm. THE PROBLEM IS.....on the days he refuses to take his day nap. He has the energy and the will power to stay awake no matter what I do to help him take his nap. Turn the light off, wrap him around his fav blanket, feed him properly, let him play as actively as he can hours before going to nappy time with the careful eye on over-playing....I've done it all!!!!

Can any mommy help me learn how to keep him on schedule? Thank you very much!!!!!

Edilma

Asked by Edilma at 4:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try getting him up in the mornings...dont let him sleep that late...after a while he will adjust!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my daughter was the same way. then when she hit a year old i changed it up...she would go to bed at 10-11 and get up at 10-11 in the morning. i didnt mind cuz i loved my sleep lol but it had to stop. we stopped letting her go to bed so late and she eventually caught on. i didnt creep around in the morning so she was awake nice and early. GL
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• He's all messed up because he is sleeping so late in the mornings. You need to wake him up earlier... get him up at 9:00 even if he got to bed late.... then he'll probably take a nap early at around 2-3 and be ready to go to bed around 9:30.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• try getting him up real early like 8 and not allowing naps so my 8 at night he is tiered and wanting to go to bed this works for my lil one
    LILMAMA102206

Answer by LILMAMA102206 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009