How can I make it up to my fiance?

Im in a really tough position. I dont know if yall can really help me out or not but its worth a try. See me and my fiance have been together for a year and a half. We just had a beautiful son 3 weeks ago. I cheated on my fiance about 11 1/2 months ago (the baby is my fiances thier is no doubt that he is). Ive been holding this in until tonight. I told him and hes still going to be with me and every thing but i hurt him worse than anything possibly could and i want to make him happy again. Do any of yall have any ideas on how i can make this up to him? Anything you have to say could really help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Be understanding, never turn it on him (saying its his fault because he did this or didn't do that). Be patient and be an adult, let him vent his feelings and give him time. Don't think he will heal in a few months. Two years from now, he could be having a bad day and something could trigger a flash backs to how he is feeling now. These flash backs could happen anytime for any reason, stay understanding. Spend the rest of your life making it up to him.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• you cant make it up, just keep your knees together and tryy and earn his trust back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• The two of you need to see a couples counselor

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You can't make it up to him.  You have seriously damaged his trust in you and it will take time for you to earn it back, if ever. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i mean i dont think youll get that trust back for a long time...if ever. And i dont think theres anything you can do or say thats going to make him feel any better about it. But be happy that he is still willing to stay with you after that kind of news...your lucky
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I think you really need to go into counseling together. It's going to take a lot of time, and there may be some issues that arise later that aren't surfacing now.

Answer by missanc at 8:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Just be good. It's good that he still willing to stay with u, that is truly rare this days. But for some reason, maybe the only reason he is staying with just so he can get back at u so be careful. Just one question if u love so much, why would u wanna go out and cheat on him. There's something fundmentally not right about this. People cheat coz they r not happy in thei relationship they r in. Seek conselling. Good luck and I hope his trust comes back and just be good. TC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with much of what the other's said. You can't make it up to him. You will have to earn his trust back, and no matter how long it takes him, you have to remember once you break someone's trust they know what you're capable of , and it's never the same.

If he checks up on you, you caused that, if he throws it in your face, you have to take it, and like another poster said, you can never blame him for what you did. No matter what he did or didn't do, you made the choice to cheat, and that's only on you.

You do have to be prepared to make it up to him for the rest of your life. If you start feeling like if he doesn't trust me I might as well cheat again, remember it's not his fault he doesn't trust you.....

If you don't think you can handle, months, years, or a lifetime of this, you need to let him know now, and not hurt him anymore.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009