"Cap & Trade" Bill (HR-2454) is no longer a threat!

"The cap-and-trade climate bill passed by the US House of Representatives in June has no chance of approval in the US Senate, a top energy industry official said on Tuesday."

http://www.icis.com/Articles/2009/09/15/9247685/us-senate-will-not-approve-house-cap-and-trade-bill-api.html

So, the "GOP-8" and the Democrats who followed their leader Pelosi and caved in to her and Waxman's demands and promises to force passage of this bill, did so with no "reward" and will hurt their chances at re-election as a result?!

And this little "gem" likely didn't help the Dems attempts at passage:

"Climate Change: A Treasury Department analysis says a cap-and-trade law could cost American families more than $1,700 a year. No wonder administrators tried to keep the study secret."

What do those of you who emphatically supported this bill say now?

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=337991812954735

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, did poor Queen Hellosi forget that she doesn't rule the world? I'm sure she'll just get an extra botox shot and try again next year!

seriously though, I'm not gonna give up hounding the senators though. I actually believe the 1700 to be a LOW estimate. See, that assumes that companies will not attempt to exponentially increase profits while raising costs to cover the extra taxes. Electric companies are regulated, at least here in PA, but producers would be paying hefty taxes at every level of production. I'd say that 4000 is a more likely estimate of total costs.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• YIPPEE!!!!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Finally this got fixed. I hope those Treasury Dept numbers get more play, the more people know, the less hope they have of passing it and keeping their jobs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with NP. The treasury numbers match with the electric co-op's estimates.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009