Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been in a car accident

I was wondering if anyone still got paid involving an car accident. The only thing that was wrong with them was whiplash and pain in the whole body region. If you did get paid, how much did you settle for, did you get a lawyer to get more money?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (16)
  • Yes I was in a car accident, and am the one who paid the d.o.t actually. Even though it wasn't my fault, black ice related accident.

    Answer by 3rdDay at 8:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • You should have a lawyer if you don't want your insurance company to take advantage of you. The last one I was in was really bad and I got close to 7 grand. But the attorney took hid portion and I got to take home closer to 5. I wish you luck but I had abdominal injuries as well as a bruised shoulder and whiplash.

    Answer by coala at 8:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • 3rdDay: What is black ice related accident? Was that person injured, or did they just want money?

    Answer by blessedmom1 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • coala: grand means thousand, right. LOL. And damn, the lawyer sure got him some money.

    Answer by blessedmom1 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • anyway, I was involved in an accident 2 yrs ago, and I had whiplash, my dumb ass settled for 3,0000.00. All because my ex-husband told me to take the money and run. I now regret that I did that, because now I experience alot of pain in different areas of my body.

    Answer by blessedmom1 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • Live in Wa. state, and it is from icy road, went over the gaurd rail in roll over car accident, no other cars involved.

    Answer by 3rdDay at 8:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • Unless you are seriously injured...let it's just a hassle to deal with. We were sideswiped by a lady who took off last year. Thankfully the kids were okay, just shaken up and a guy behind the other driver called 911 and followed her. But the kid carseats had fissure marks and were unusable. I had to pay out of pocket and take the lady to court 3 months later to get reimbursed.

    Also my uncle was hit head on by a car going 110 mph. He had back pain, stitches in his head, a bruised chest bone (can't remember technical name) , bruised ribs and little marks all over. He was driving an old school steel truck...officers said if he had been driving anything else he wouldn't have survived nor would anyone in the cars behind him. A lawyer wouldn't even take his case! There wasn't enough injury for them to collect off of apparently. He didn't even get enough to buy a new truck.

    Answer by KaylasMiracle at 8:24 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • Don't listen to KaylasMiracle: So what if you are not seriously injured. In the long run you may go through what I go through now. I can't even lift up anything heavy anymore. I can't pick up my kids because it hurts my back. Hell, I can't even enjoy sex anymore, lol.

    Answer by blessedmom1 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • bllessedmommy go to a chiropractor. I experience pain every single day in my shoulder from being thrown across in a bus to a fiberglass window due to a bus accident. I honestly think you can get help. I feel much better but you have to get treatment and then exercise.Otherwise you don't want to go on pk pills. That is the worst feeling.

    Answer by bella69147 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

  • bella69147: I can't afford a chiropractor. And what is pk pills.

    Answer by blessedmom1 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.