How do you get pet smell out

We just bought a house on ten acres last night and we are going to rip the carpets up but is there anyway to be sure after that, that we have gotten the pet smell out?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If it's really bad, you may have to replace floor boards. Otherwise, I would clean the floor boards carefully, maybe even seal them with something (I'm sure your home improvement store can tell you what....to contain any odor. Then I would also paint all of your walls. If you think there may be animal urine on any of the walls, use a coat or two of kils first. Fresh paint and flooring will usually take care of it. If it's really bad, more drastic measure may be necessary.

Good luck, and congratulations on your new home!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Awesome thanks!!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My friend had that problem and they riped up the carpet and cleaned the floor boards. If that doesn't work you might just have to get use to it. oh use freebres to it might help plus open a window. good luck
    Tigeress444

Answer by Tigeress444 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009