10yo dressed as lady ga ga for halloween?

I am not to happy with her choice... but I can't seem to talk her out of it! Ever since she saw the MTV VMA she has been obsesed with Lady Ga Ga. Now I just have to figure out how to make her outfit as tasteful and age appropriate as possible. But, that is kinda hard considering...

Ugh! Now I remember why we never watch MTV in our house!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• aw, dont tell her no. shes only going to be a kid once. whats the big deal? let be lady ga ga, she just has to wear some crazy outfit. its not like her boobs are hanging out or something. let her fun. all these moms on here are so mean, you have to let your kids have fun while they still can!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You are her parent though? Stand your ground if you don't feel it is appropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree witht he first response. You are the parent...you are paying for the costume, correct? Tell her no. And stick to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• with the*
    Anonymous

• it's Halloween,was it the white garb around her face 1 or the red painted look? the white 1 I'd let her do, the red painted 1 hell no lol ~ mine is going as a vampire princess all i have to do is a lil bit of blood stains & her eyes ~ shes been all the lil cutesy things what the hell its 3 hrs ya know.

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Tell her to wear the wig and black outfit but that is it. She'll look more like Madonna. But all that other stuff is so inappropriate for a 10 year old.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Try to make it as tasteful as possible, or just tell her flat out no, to pick something else or she's not going. You're the parent. You can tell her no.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You're the mom right? And she is only 10? So, she doesn't have a job to pay for the costume, so you say "Pick something else or no trick or treating."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Um she is 10, you are the parent you have the final say. I would flat out tell her NO pick something different. If she refuses or cops an attitude, she can forget about halloween this year.
    I really think more parents need to stand up to their kids...today at 10 y.o. its lady gaga at 13 it may be sex and babies...get control of her NOW !!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Heck no! Tell her that Lady GAGA is not approprate for her age group, and explain a good reason why
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 17, 2009