milk drying up

How long does it take? I stopped BFing about 2 weeks ago. Most of the milk is gone but I still have letdown sometimes and they leak. Is there any way to help dry it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ice packs can help but mostly if there sore. i stil leak sometimes and i stopped 3 months ago my son wouldnt stop projectile vomiting it. but it will eventually i was told your body will absorb it
    kcurci87

Answer by kcurci87 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Your body is made to feed your child so when baby is hungry you are going to produce naturally. This could continue for a few days or possibly up to a year or longer. Why not donate your milk to the thousands upon thousands of babies who need that golden juice? You could also sell it to a milk bank or donate to a friend or someone around you that is in need. By breastfeeding you would decrease your risks for certain cancers, lose weight quicker, etc. and these are only the benefits for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It can take days, weeks, months, sometimes even a year!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I heard cabbage leaves in the bra work :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009