Health Care Bill

So-I am wanting to know why anyone would really support this?? Why are we going to give the government control and tell us how much insurance we should be able to afford? I mean-come on!

If you are poor enough-you won't have to be on the sliding scale-you'll be covered. BUT! If you are middle class-without insurance-they are going to put you on a sliding scale and tell you how much you 'should' be able to afford....and how will they determine that?

Are they going to just calculate basics like welfare and not take into consideration anything else being paid? Like student loans, credit cards, etc? Is it going to be taken from gross earnings or net earnings?? All these questions are questions that the middle class should be asking. And I don't hear it-we are going to be told what we can afford and they aren't going to care about any other bills that we have....and then get a penalty?? How is this OK with anyone???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's only ok with ignorant people who don't understand what the bill really is. They still think it's going to give them free healthcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Don't worry about it, it will never pass. Baucus has already said off the record that according to his personal discussions with others off record and his discussion on record that it will never pass, but it is still his job to work it through to the very end.
    It will never pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If it passes it will hurt the middle class the most, just like most legislation. JMO
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• So-I am wanting to know why anyone would really support this.

What bill? There isn't a final version of the bill yet. Health care bill is still in progress. But why don't you want health care reform>?

Reform will prohibit insurance companies from denying coverage because of your medical history. They will not be allowed to drop your coverage if you get sick. They will not be able to water down your coverage when you need it most. They will no longer be able to place some arbitrary cap on the amount of coverage you can receive in a given year or in a lifetime. And we will place a limit on how much you can be charged for out-of-pocket expenses. No one in America should go broke because they get sick.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Is there a new bill yet? I heard one was in the works, but I haven't seen it.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No bill completed yet. So opposers will continue to whine, hoping there will not be any bill!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Op here-I am not saying I don't want reform-please don't put words in my post that aren't there. I agree that we need reform. I DON'T want to be told that I HAVE to make a payment in "such and such" amount based on my income and what they "think" that I should be able to pay without looking at our FULL financial picture-and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

The bill that is in the works does include a sliding scale for people who don't qualify for full coverage due to income. They will have to include a way to calculate and what the income guidelines will be-these are things that I am most worried about.

Yes, we need reform-BUT that shouldn't include being told what we can and can't afford-and that is what will happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Lets just wait to see what the final bill looks like.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• OP here-so you don't care??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Ummm Grandma....So ALL that wasted whining over a bill that isnt created is NOTHING compared to the wasted TAX DOLLARS for the president to go round and round the country promoting a bill, that you just admitted, doesn't EXIST! I have an idea....why doesn't he stay his happy butt IN D.C., LEAD a bill, and then push for THAT bill! By your own admission HE is wasting some major money on a non existent bill!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2009