Why do "rich" relatives are cheap #%#?

I think that it is insulting that my SIL brought a garbage bag with a blanket and two bed sheets with a crib. She said that it is used but that with a good wash everything will look as new. (she doesn't have any kids to think that she would give me hers)

Should I tell her that the sheets have stains and that the crib is broken?

Somebody pinch me please! Am I suffering from something for thinking that she was very rude and I hope to never see her again.

Should I tell this to my brother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would tell her that you can not use a broken crib and the stained sheets are nasty. I would rather get nothing than trash. To the ones that are rude, get over it. You know damn well that if some one gave you trash for your "perfect angel" you would be pissed. So STFU.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yikes. I would tell her thanks but no thanks. You can't use a broken crib. I give away my kids old clothes but none with stains.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would just throw them away and let it go-no need for drama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Whats broken on the crib? Could it have broken during transportation? The sheets...i dont know. And she has no kids? It's a bit odd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

The plastic part of the rail that goes up and down. I'm not planning to use it. But I think that my relation with my brother is being jeopardize for having to deal with her. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i dont have that problem per say, im the one with money,and my MIL has non and even at my baby shower got her used clothes from a garage sale, now im not stuck up but i mean its your first grandchild cant you get her at least something from walmart thats new? a rattle a onsie? she always goes garage sale shopping and the clothes go straight to the thrift store... its usally 2 big or 2 small and a lot of boy like clothes or just ones that look like they have been worn A LOT like through a few kids, now i shop 2nd had for some of her stuff as well as new but i mean we all have standards and some people dont seem to get that i finally had to tell her that we didn't need anymore clothes
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 8:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Her money not yours she doesnt have to spend anything on YOUR baby
    honestly she didnt have to bring you anything.
    If you dont want it then just take it and say thank you
    BUy your own crib
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

BUy your own crib

I'm married and my husband has a salary. That's why I posted the question because I would like to know if my sil behavior is out of normal. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• op, i think your right no-one wants things that are garbage, and that anon was rather rude (prob why anon) honestly id just take the stuff and say ty and then donate it
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 9:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• anarosenewman: thanks. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009