Should I call and schedule an appointment at the ob/gyn today or wait til monday after I told my hubby (just found out this morning!)

Does it really make a difference? Also, is one positive test enough or should I take another one "to be sure" I'm a week late so I know I am..

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 1 Test is enough they will check for you at the dr
    You should just ggo ahead and call so that you get in
    just in case they are full or something you can at least be scheduled in
    congrats
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• If you took one after being a week late, you are prego and congrats. You can call now and make an appointment. Tell your hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Call and schedule the appt. They can confirm it for you so you don't need to buy another test. Unless of course you want to give it to him as a present.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Go ahead and schedule the appt. Tell your hubby in the meantime. It's not like your hubby would be jealous of the ob-gyn knowing lol....tell him you scheduled the appt :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:23 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You can call and get an apt but they might not see you for a few more weeks..good luck and congrads on the new lil one.. :)
    sheena20

Answer by sheena20 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• where i went for my prenatal care, i had to wait about a month to get an appointment so you might want to call asap to get ahead of the few other ladies that might call today. congrats!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It is up to you. I didn't go to my first appointment until I was 10 weeks.
    I got only the routine blood pressure, pee stick, weight, and blood tests and declined a dating ultrasound.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could tell him by saying you're planning on interviewing midwives and touring birth centers. Does he want to come with you?
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I would schedule some interviews with different providers before just making an appointment with one, and I would include hubby in the process! So wait until you've told him and start making plans together.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Omg! Congrats! I haven't been online lately and I didn't know! I'm soooo happy for you!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009