Newborn with gas...

My 3 week old baby boy has gas every night. I started out in the evenings so I looked at what I was eating (I'm breastfeeding). But nothing seems to be the same that should be bothering him from day to day. The last 2 nights it has been 4 and 5 AM when he has had the worst time. He will wake up screaming, pulling his legs up - all the normal gas signs. He does pass gas if you burp him or push his legs up for a lenght of time. I am trying the gas relief drops - but they don't seem to really help. Any advice??? Also - he really likes to sleep on his tummy - it seems to help with the gas - has anyone else slept thier newborn on their tummy all night? I'm a little hesitant to leave him that way at night - but he does sleep that way most of the day.

Val1313

Asked by Val1313 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have a 2 and a half month old son and i breastfeed him and when he starts getting gassy i go and warm up two ozs of water in a bottle and put a peppermint in it and let it melt get him to drink atleast a half of ozs and it work way better then the gas drops and my first son wouldnt sleep unless he was on his tummy so he sleep with me til he was ten months old so i could make sure nothing happen to him while he was sleeping on his tummy and the best thing to do if you dont move around at night or atlest do it the whe he is really fussy put him on you chest to sleep for a lil while
    laurashley06

Answer by laurashley06 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009