Telling kids about new baby

I'm pregnant, due in Feb. I've been waiting to tell my kids (7 & 8) that they are going to have a little brother or sister. I've decided it's prolly time to do that but I'm not sure how to say it. I know they'll be excited but will also have a ton of questions i'm sure.
What is a fun way to let them know?
How did you tell your child or children that a baby is on the way?

janeenee

Asked by janeenee at 9:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• buy them "im a big brother or sister" shirts
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i always allowed my lil one she was only 2 at the time....feel my belly go to the ultrasounds etc...

and....7 and 8 year old...they should know how a baby is made and where it comes from...

they will have some questions....

but easy ones.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My son was 2 months under 2 years old when my daughter was born, but we wasted no time telling him and preparing him for a new baby sister. We got him a baby doll to help him learn how to treat the baby, and bought him a big brother t-shirt, he always always gave my belly kisses and talked to the baby. He was very excited about the baby, and by the time she was born, he was an instant wonderful big brother. He's now 2 and a half, and my daughter is almost 8 months, and he has never been jealous or anything but sweet to his little sister. He loves to entertain her and make her laugh. The first time he held her she was only 3 days old and he did an amazing job and handled her just like we had taught him with the baby doll.

I don't know if that will help you since your kids are so much older, but at 7 and 8 they should be able to fully understand everything that is going on and be able to handle it just fine.
    kealydees

Answer by kealydees at 11:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Maybe go and buy a couple pink and blue onesies and wrap them each a present. Put one color of each inside (if you don't know what your having) with a note that says something like how about a baby to love for Valentine's Day....or new baby arriving in February! If they do ask questions, just give whatever answer you feel in the right info for them! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009