sleeping in swing all night?

is it bad for me to let my almost 4 month old son sleep in his swing all night?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 9:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was younger than that, there were nights I did. She wouldn't sleep in he bassinet and I wasn't comfortable letting her sleep on my chest. It didn't harm her, she loved that thing!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well its nothing something I believe in doing, but whatever works for you aI guess
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:35 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i had to do it sometimes with my third.....probably don"t want him to get too use to it. Have you tried a vibrating seat at all? I tried this with my last two and could put them in my bed. It worked on those rough nights and it kinda put me to sleep too lol They should make these for adults!
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Not only could it be dangerous but you don't want him to getting used to it. You will have a heck of a time getting him to sleep in his crib if he does.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter has slept in her swing when she was that little. Both of my girls used to sleep in their carrier sometimes. Especially if they had a cold. Sitting up like that would keep them from not being able to breath. Do whatever you feel is best, just make sure the baby is strapped in the swing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am unenthusiastic about the idea since the child can't move around freely like they do when they are in a crib. It is natural when sleeping to shift position a number of times. The baby in a swing is locked into one position.

Answer by Bmat at 10:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i would be careful in case she starts moving all around and it flips over
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• sorry**** he
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my son loved to take naps in the swing. But i made sure he did not spend more than 2 hours in the swing at a time. it could actually hurt the circulation in their legs to be in a carseat, or swing especially for more than two hours on a regular basis. Yes, there will be the occasional times it will be longer, but that should be occational. Try letting him take naps, or fall asleep in the swing, then move him to the crib.
    Try this: sit in a chair all night without moving your legs, at all, and see how you feel in the moring. are your legs sore? It's easy to understand after doing this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i HAD to do that with my son from months 6 to 9. he wouldn't sleep any other way...arg!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 17, 2009