Can anyone that works from home guide me in the right direction so I don't get caught up in scams?

hlove417

Asked by hlove417 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• !. The government won't like a company that pays you to recruit. Its against the law and mirrors a pyramid scheme.

2. check thier status on the BBB website. 3.tellecommuting should be of no cost to you.

3. If you choose a business, investigate fully, ask questions, understand there may be upfriont costs and may ask youto continue to ask you to purchase expensive products on a monthly basis.

4. Pre-paid Legal Services pays Daily and we follow all FTC and BBB guidelines for happy Associates and customers.

For a company overview click here and enjoy!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:15 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.    You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes, there are a lot of scams. I work from home. I'm partnered with a company that has been around since 1985 and been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1987. NO scam here!! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Where are you at in the process? Have you written your business plan?

I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Feel free to contact me offlist

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

Not a scam. This is how I bring home the bacon to help support my family! It's super fun and really easy. If I can help with any questions, feel free to let me know. I hope you have a great day!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Some of you ladies need to not talk if you can't give accurate advice to someone. " The government won't like a company that pays you to recruit. Its against the law and mirrors a pyramid scheme." This is not true. A business needs to be built on products and services not on team building alone. What is against the law is offering no real product or service or another avenue to make money that is a pyramid scheme. "No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS." This company is a MLM be proud of what you have. Every business is a risk, that is why some people don't want to join a business.

You need to decide what you are looking for first. Do you want to own a business and be solely responsible in making it work. Or do you want to receive a paycheck on a regular basis. There are benefits to both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Hey, I know that alot of these are scams, click on my link i'll give you a call and get you all the info personally!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• hlove417, there are so many choices, and it is hard to really digest all of the implications of each opportunity. There are WorkAtHome Jobs, and there are IndependantBusinessOwner Opportunities. First I suggest you decide what format works for you, be realistic about your expectations of this new income opportunity. I chose to become an IBO, with an established MLM plan, Partnered with a company that I know has a unique product/service that offers a proven Win-Win situation for Myself, Clients, and Company. I know this because I started at the Co. website, read everything I could(I know it will only show "that" Co. positively), then I searched the net for links, blogs, scam sites etc. I spent hours reading, and there were people that bashed without any firsthand knowledge, just assumptions, and there were excessively positive reviews, and then the middle ground...satisfied CONT.

Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 1:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Based on what I found online, and the information and contact I got through interacting with several people that had published themselves, I knew I had found the Opportunity that was the right fit for me. I began my business in 04/09, and I am NOT rollin in the dough yet, lol. but I am experiencing substantial savings in addition to a modest commission. I suggest you find something that excites you,in order to keep you motivated and working. I also suggest you work with a company that can offer more than just your Sponsor for support and advice, even so far as finding one that offers Partners that are willing to help, train, support, and advise outside of Geneology of Commission. I can only offer advice based on my experience, and I don't want to sound slanted, but I don't know enough about a WAH JOB to advise you about what to expect, or what to avoid.I have purposly withheld Co. info because you didn't ASK for a referal
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 2:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2009