where do you store your social security cards/birth certificates?

feel free to answer anonymously. lol.

we store ours all together in a zipper wallet on a bookshelf we have in our closet. i like to have them all together so that i can find them but then it's kind of stupid because if i lose that, we lose it all!

I am just wondering who all keeps them in some kind of lock box, or fire safe box.

My husband lost ours temporarily this week which is what got me thinking about it. the wallet was out on the kitchen table because we needed our SSNs for something, then it was gone. DH has a bad habit of "putting stuff up" and then forgetting that he touched it, let alone where he put it. well we ended up finding it all in the drawer with the oven mitts! lol.

so where do you keep your important documents like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In an old purse in my closet on the shelf.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• In my fireproof&waterproof lock box.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have mine in one of those file folders. Has hubby's, dds, and my birth certificates, ss cards, our marriage licence. Some information I got when I did Medicaid for my daughter. Once we move, we'll get a safe or file cabinet and have it locked up.

I cant tell you how many times my mom has lost or misplaced our ss cards and bc growing up. lol. We'd have to search her entire closet and all those storage bins.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• With all the paperwork flowing thro our house, we decided to rent a saftey deposit box at the bank. It is only $7 a year and well worth it!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:13 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Lock box/ safe fire proof water proof it's not to big but big enough not to loose
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:19 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have blue plastic accordian style file thing.

In it, I have our SS cards, birth certificates, shot records, W-2's, our marriage license, my POA's and any other important paperwork.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We have filing cabinet for all our paper work, and one of the tabs in there is for identity documents.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:37 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• our ss cards are in his wallet the rest is in our waterproof/fireproof filling cabinet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine are in my wallet - the only safe place I know.
    My two teen daughter's documents have disappeared so I need to reorder them.
    My adult daughter has hers.
    I have my husband's someplace in our closet.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Mine are in a folder in a box. Not firesafe, but I can get to them when I need to.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2009