Obama is kissing up to Russia again.

Is he right or wrong in doing this?
AP - The Obama administration is shelving an Eastern European missile defense plan that has been a major irritant in relations with Russia, a U.S. ally said Thursday. The Pentagon confirmed a "major adjustment" of the system designed to guard against Iranian missiles.

He is going to give a speech on this at any moment

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My thoughts???When is he going to start sucking up to Americans that elected him into that position?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• He doesn't care. I just posted a journal listing his accomplishments in the first 6 months. Here's the link:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1528006/Obama_s_first_6_month_s_accomplishments
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Now you find something wrong with making nice to Russia and
    SAVING MONEY at the same time?
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:27 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• President John Kennedy was accused of the very same thing when he was President. In the 1960's, he wanted to eliminate weapons . So....how can you criticize our current President? They BOTH wanted /or want peace. If "JFK kissed up to Russia" back then but NOW he is considered one of our best Presidents, just think about it for a while. I am all for Obama's efforts. And I was all for JFK's efforts. I was a college student when JFK was President. You guys were probably not born yet. You have a long way to go.....grow up and get educated,OK?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• We don't need to make nice to Russia! We need to stay tough with Russia.

Grandmarga, the last place you want to "scrimp" is defense! You realize this recent deciscion throws several of our allies under the bus don't you.

It amazes me how people think they know about defense! You haven't a clue.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:44 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• the last place you want to "scrimp" is defense

Sorry I don't agree.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:47 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• It amazes me how people think they know about defense! You haven't a clue.

As it amazes me how you think you know everything about everything.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:49 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Have to agree with yourspecial...I am sure alot are not thinking about our allies ..and I agree id rather not scrimp on our defense.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Lets be honest - the true purpose of putting the missle shield in nations like Poland (against 80% of the peoples wishes) had nothing to due with Iran. It had everything to do with Russia. Obama is correct and is finally following the advice of the military and not a political agenda. Not to mention that America is practically insolvent, and can not afford to waste money unintelligently on the diminishing military funds it will have left to spend in the future. Remember, a nations military is only as strong as its economy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Now that should save a bundle of money but watch all of these newly fiscally concious right wingers blow their collective gaskets. It never made any sense to me that we were going to have to pay European to let us "defend" them.This is one of the reasons I voted for Obama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Sep. 17, 2009