How many other moms have 9 yr old dd's who started their period??? Mine started yesterday & I'm so... I dont even know the words for how I feel.. :-(

Yup, she started. She's 9 & won't even be 10 until January. I knew it was coming b/c she's developed breasts & pubic hair too. I just didn't think it would be THIS soon. I feel scared, worried, heartbroken & I'm not sure why. She's not making a bid deal out of it tho, I'm proud of her. But it's so confusing to have a child so young w/ a period..?? I talked to her about her period for the past 6 months b/c i knew it was coming. But i feel like i need to talk to her more about sex & boys & who knows what else. I've talked to her about sex before but I never went past the part about thats how babies are made. I couldn't bring myself to explain to her why he puts "that" in "there"..... someone please give me words of wisdom or just some support b/c im really needing it bad right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• THERE IS A BOOK YOU NEED TO BUY FOR HER AND YOU AND HER CAN GO THUR IT TOGETHER IT IS CALLED. " SEX ,PUBERTY AND ALL THAT STUFF, A GUIDE TO GROWING UP. IT IS WROTE FOR CHILDREN GOING THUR PUBRITY. YOU REALLY SHOULD GO TO THE BOOK STORE AND GET IT AND READ IT FRIST AND THEN GO THUR IT WITH HER SO SHE WANT LEARN THE WRONG THINGS OTHER KIDS . GOOD LUCK.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• or you can give her "the body book for girls" from the american girl store; thats what i did for my now 10 year old. i completely understand all your feeling about her having her period so young because i'm sure i will have those same feelings when my little girl gets hers. my jaw dropped when i read your question, i feel for you too and wish you and her all the best.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My daughter kept asking me about it. Then I found out that 3 of the friends she talks and plays with all have started their period. Lucky for me I had to take my other two lil ones for shots and there was a pamphlet about "girls and puberty" at the pediatrician's. I grabbed one and read it first. It explained everything at her reading level and answered a lot of the questions she was asking me. I was scared to explain it to her without scaring her. She will be 9 in 2 days. Her friends are already 9 turning 10. I too thought she is wayyy too young for this, but if she is asking about it, it's better to hear it from mom than friends or someone else. She is very mature for her age and she is comfortable with what will happen eventually, now that she understands the process. You should try your pediatrician's office and ask if she/he has any pamphlets or info on puberty.

tiasayno

Answer by tiasayno at 7:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• All but one of my children have gotten their period. I got mine when I was 8 or 9.
    NatiMarti

Answer by NatiMarti at 4:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2010